Monday, May 18, 2015

Stitchville USA--Oh My!!

Visiting Stitchville USA (in Minnetonka, Minnesota) has been on my dream list for quite some time.  I had heard so many marvelous things about the shop. I was able to visit the shop on Friday morning since my class didn't begin until that afternoon. I quickly discovered that some of the Spring Fling-ers had the same idea.

 

The shop is enormous! Over 4200 square feet with over 1200 models!  (Yes, you read those numbers correctly!)

Here are some glimpses inside the shop.




Those are beautiful wools on the bookcase.



...and the fibers, oh my!  I don't think I've ever seen such a vast array!





...and there were even more fibers....I just couldn't photograph them all.

Here are some more models and "goodies".




...and look at the beautiful linens!



And if that wasn't enough, look at all the incredible goodies in this display case!


Here are close-ups of some of the things inside the display case.




Stitchville USA was originally started by Deb's aunt. When her aunt became ill, Deb decided to buy the shop. That was back in 1988, and the shop was only 800 square feet. Today it's five times the size of the original shop. I bet Deb's aunt would be thrilled to see what she has done with the shop to make it one of the premier needlework shops.

15 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh yes! Deb's Aunt would be very, very surprised. I hope to make it there one day. You have shown the best variety of pictures I have ever seen. Thank you Ellen.

Judy said...

This one is on my list of must too. Maybe next year..will have to see if I can arrange it during a class or something. Thanks for the great pictures.

Maggee said...

That IS a big big shop! I haven't been in one that big YET! That's not to say I have been in many--probably only half a dozen so far! Thanks for sharing!

marly said...

Wow. A needlework shop the size of a small town's mall! Putting it on my bucket list.

Carol said...

Looks like cross stitch heaven to me--I sure hope I get to visit some day, too :) Thanks for the gorgeous photos!

Marilyn said...

Stitchville looks awesome.
Glad you got to go there.
marilyn

Margaret said...

Can you imagine having this shop as your LNS? What a luxury that would be! Thanks for sharing all the pics. I want to visit there so badly!

Sandra said...

What an amazing shop, just look at all those stitched models. If ever I should be in Minnesota I'll be sure to visit. Long live shops!!

diamondc said...

Ellen: Thank-you for a wonderful time at Retreat.
I love Stitchville, it is such a wonderful and full shop, the help are (I think the best when you need help)
I hope to take another class with you when I retire.

Blessings
Catherine

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WOW! That is a shop!!!

Marie said...

I have never seen anything like it. Stitching heaven!!!
This is a destination that I must get to. Thanks for sharing.

Magiczny Świat Krzyżyków said...

Tak wygląda raj dla hafciarki :)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Looks like you had a great time! I visited the old shop several years ago. I'd love to see the new location. Your pictures are wonderful. Hugs!

Marjo said...

Oh my! That is just wonderful! Maybe someday. So much to see.

Susan said...

Loved all the pictures! Looks like a great shop. Hope I get to visit it someday.